Selling your home is usually the biggest single financial transaction you have ever been involved in until this point. When you’ve made the decision to sell your home it should be viewed as a business or financial transaction; cold hard decisions made solely on a financial basis.
However, when it comes right down to it, selling your home can be a very emotional experience. Like many people, you probably have a deep emotional connection to your home. You’ll be saying goodbye to a place you’ve called home that has sacred memories for you and your family. As much as we all like to say selling real estate is a financial decision, it really is based a lot on our emotions - like it or not.
Before you sell your home that has an emotional attachment for you, here are some tips to help you move forward.
- Acknowledge selling your home is painful
- Say goodbye to it in your own way
- Understand that the emotional value your home has can be separated from the house itself.
- Think of selling your home as a fresh start, a departure from the old. Leaving is just the precursor to arriving, and there’s nothing better than a fresh start
- But most important of all: Happiness is found inside of ourselves. It is something that you take with you.
If you’re not able to let go of your home emotionally you may subconsciously sabotage your success in selling it – and that can cost you money in the end.
I can help you determine if now is the right time to sell your home.
Call me anytime to discuss real estate 313 999-8900
Patrice M Miller
313 999-8900 Cell